Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Whale of a Summer

I think I did the timing right when I had Reilly; big and fat all through the holidays and colder weather. This time around I am beginning to dread the hot Florida summer I have to look forward to, not to mention the bathing suits I'll be sporting.

One I have looks like a vintage 40's-style swimsuit with a full sweep and gingham print. I guess this is in line with the whole retro revival fashion trend, but when I wear it I pretty much just feel like a whale!

What I really don't understand are those women who only gain weight in the tummy area and then magically reduce their size to normal within 6 weeks after giving birth. Granted these are mostly celebrities who probably have a c-section/tummy tuck procedure all at once, but I know of some women personally who have successfully done this.

I wasn't too bad with Reilly, but this time I swear my ass is growing at the same pace as my belly. And meanwhile, my husband has decided to start jogging again to lose weight for the summer. So while he's losing weight and getting tan, I'll be eating my Oatmeal Cream Pies (YES I ate an entire box in 2 days) and dreading this fall when I have to start trying to figure out how to lose the 40 pounds I will likely put on.

I have come to terms with the fact that things change when you have kids. I no longer greet Dave with candles, high heels and not much else when he gets home from work, and we can't stay up all night watching movies until we pass out at 5 in the morning, but in the end it's all worth it.

Yep, things change! I may have retired my belly ring and acquired a mini-van, but I swear on my kids that I will NEVER be caught wearing "mom jeans!"

3 comments:

Debby Mayne said...

Carrie, it doesn't matter what you wear. You'll always be a cool mommy!

Sher said...

Hey sis! You were beautiful pre-pregnancy, you're beautiful now and you'll be beautiful post-pregnancy. Can't wait to meet our new addition!! Love you!

Memories And Landscapes said...

...whatever, I still have to listen to my friends talk about how hot you are! I will kick all of their asses!