Friday, May 30, 2008

A Little Off Topic.....but yummy

I just met the new "Special Guest Host" at HSN. He is our new fitness and sports expert. When I first saw him from across the room, I thought, "He looks very familiar." Then it clicked!!! Maven from WWE Wrestling. He was the first winner of the reality series "Tough Enough," a competition to become the next WWE wrestler.

For those of you who may not know, when I was weight training and working out hard a few years back (5 or 6 to be exact), my crew at HSN and I thought it would be funny if we submitted a tape of me for this very same reality show. It worked! They called me back 3 times and I made it all the way to the semi-finals in New Orleans. I was on the first episode, in a blooper reel, and was ready to make the final cut when they gave me the bad news - I was no longer needed :(


For something I didn't know I wanted, I was pretty disappointed. I thought I had it in the bag. I guess my 3 prior knee surgeries may have been a deciding factor for them to let me go. So back to obscurity I went, and 3 weeks later I met my future husband and man-of-my-dreams, Dave. Fate I tell ya!


So back to this new "host." Now you all know I love my husband dearly. But I'm not dead! Before I go any further, I must show you a picture:


Excuse the drool on my computer keyboard. He is not only THIS good looking in person, but he is super-nice and super-approachable. Of course I had to introduce myself and tell him that I was on the third installment of Tough Enough. Here I am 6-months + pregnant and he looked at me and said, "You really wanted to be a wrestler?" I said it was my past life and we talked for a good 5 or 10 minutes. He actually said that he had heard of me because my friends in broadcast had mentioned that a girl at HSN was on that show too (for 3 seconds). I am sure I giggled like a school girl the entire time and probably flipped my hair like an idiot, but it made my whole weekend!
Other than bragging rights, there really is no purpose for this post. Check him out on HSN. You can see when he's on if you go to www.hsn.com.

1 comment:

Debby Mayne said...

Yes, Maven is very cute and VERY sweet! Was Ortaega there when you met him? She was SO CUTE when he sat down at our table last time I went to HSN for lunch.

I miss all of you! Maybe I'll come down for another visit soon--if I can afford the gas.